In the wake of a proclamation approved by the Story County Board of Supervisors to raise awareness of cruelty of "puppy mills," Mary LeHay, President of Iowa Friends of Companion Animals (IaFriends), a non-profit organization for better treatment in commercial dog-raising establishments in Iowa, explained how Iowa is second in the nation for cruel puppy-breeding facilities. Lobby day for legislative protection against cruelty will be February 3. To register for Lobby Day get involved with IaFriends In anticipation of Iowa Caucus Night, various diverse voices of Iowans are heard on politics:
- Attendees of Trump's Ames rally
- Former Secretary of State Madeline Albright speaks with KHOI's Greta Anderson in support of Hillary Clinton
Charles Knicker, of the United Church of Christ (UCC), Ames, announced that the UCC wil present God and Government: Are Religious Liberties Crumbling?
Knicker gave a brief history of the UCC, Ames' oldest church, and the UCC's support for separation of church and state. His paradigm was of government as human activity based on human ability to handle affairs of the state, using social justice as a standard.
- Theologian-In-Residence Barry Lynn, Executive Director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State
- Bob Vander Plaats, President and CEO of The Family Leader a "pro-family, pro-marriage, pro-life" organization based in Urbandale, explained the position his organization takes on government and religion, claiming that humans are inherently selfish and not able to manage affairs of the state, thus God is seen as the creator of government and Bibilcal teaching as the standard.
- Jill King of King's Christian Bookstore in Boone, describes their business, her priorities as a religious Republican, and two candidate events at her store for Cruz and Huckabee.
Online Information Sources:
- Iowa Friends of Companion Animals
- register for Lobby Day
- get involved with IaFriends
- Americans United for Separation of Church and State
- The Family Leader
- King's Christian Bookstore
Originally broadcast 01/20/2016
Listen here now