Paul Wierson was our host for the program on the 49th celebration of Scandinavian Days in Story City. Kate Feil of the Story City Historical Museums gave us a brief history of the event in connection with Norwegian heritage. KHOI reporters Richard Morrison, Cynthia McClure and James Winters captured the excitement of the 5K race, the Kumla eating contest, funnel cakes, and the always popular carousel. We gave previews of the other county events during the rest of the Summer and added a special memory of Mildred Bredeland of Kelley.
- Richard Morrison, Sr.
- Chris Jackson
- participants in the 5K run
- participants in the Kumla eating contest
- concessionaires at the funnel cake stands
Summer festivals in central Iowa:
- Camridge Skunk River Valley Days
- Slater 4th of July
- Nevada Rockin' Country BarBQ Fest
- Huxley Priaire Fest
- Iowa Sheep and Wool Festival
Originally broadcast 06/09/2014
Listen here now