This program was a discussion with the organizers of “Homeless Stand Down,” an event for all military veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness to be held at Brookside Park on Tueday, July 29. This is a coordinated effort of Story County and ISU veterans associations. Following was a in interview with woodworker Clay Gurganus and a musical introduction to the Bluegrass Group, Monroe Crossing, that will be playing at the Story City Theater on Thursday, July 31.
- Nicholas Grossman, ISU police department
- Jathan Chicoine veteran’s services coordinator for ISU
- Clay Gurganus, owner of "Blind Guy Woodworking"
- Luke Jensen, Story County Veteran's Affairs Coordinator
- Clay Gurganus, Blind Guy Woodworking
- Ames Woodworkers Club
- Monroe Crossing
Originally broadcast 07/28/2014
Listen here now