To apply, contact station manager Ursula Ruedenberg: (510) 812-7989 / KHOIradio@gmail.com
KHOI is hiring a full-time person (no benefits) to help manage the studio and broadcast facilities. KHOI’s Studio Operator works with the people and equipment that makes community radio possible in Central Iowa. It’s an interesting and challenging position that requires technical, managerial and social skills. The Studio Operator is supervised by KHOI's Station Manager.
General Description of Duties:
- Maintains radio automation system, implements program schedule approved by the station manager, keeps station logs, operates studio control board and other equipment when needed. Administers and monitors equipment inventory, maintenance, and repairs.
- Prepares and edits audio files for broadcast. Assists staff and volunteers with production of radio shows. Sets up production equipment and work spaces as needed. Switches programs, makes recordings, and makes necessary preparations for the day's programs. Engineers shows if needed.
- Manages technology at the facilities (studio and tower sites) and troubleshoots malfunctions.
- Manages Internet technology as needed, remote broadcasts, and other special projects.
- Assists chief engineer as needed. Assists station manager in setting priorities and areas of concern in studio operations.
- Keeps the studio open during open office hours if needed.
Special Skills or Considerations:
Experience in broadcast preferred. Knowledge of radio automation systems, studio control board operation, and regulatory requirements. Ability to work with and edit audio files for on-air use, internet streaming use, and archiving use. Experience engineering live radio broadcasts. Ability to work effectively with many types of creative people. Good communication skills and ability to work on a team. Flexible, works well under pressure, and can work independently.
KHOI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. KHOI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, or sexual orientation. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.