Monday’s Live Talk Radio program features an interview with newly elected Ames City Council member Amber Corrieri about her efforts to establish a Local Housing Trust in Ames.
And then, in honor of Veterans Day, the show explores the services and programs available to the men and women who served in the armed forces.
During the first half of the program, Corrieri told KHOI reporter Greta Anderson that Story County is one of only four counties in Iowa without a housing trust, which helps to fund housing to for low-income individuals and families. Corrieri pledged to work with her colleagues on the council, as well as AMOS and other groups in the city to form a housing trust here.
During the second half of the program, co-hosts Susan Franzen and Tom Beell reviewed the history of Veterans Day, as well as the many programs available to veterans and their families.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Iowa Department of Veterans Affairs
- Boone County Veterans Affairs Commission
- Hamilton County Veterans Affairs Commission
- Hardin County Veterans Affairs Commission
- Iowa State University Veterans Services
- Polk County Veterans Affairs Commission
- Story County Veterans Affairs Commission
- Homeless Veterans Download Center
- Make the Connection: Shared Experiences and Support for Veterans
- Farmer Veteran Coalition of Iowa
Originally broadcast 11/11/2013
Listen here now