On November 19th, 2013, the Story County Community Foundation (SCCF) awarded $99,016 to 17 non-profit service programs in Story County. KHOI was among 15 recipients, receiving a grant of $6,000, to purchase a console, the central piece of audio equipment in the broadcast studio.
Suzan Shierholz, outgoing Chair, describes the history and vision of the foundation and together with board member Vern Hawkins, she helps introduce a sampling of the kinds of projects being supported. Interviews with recipients illustrate in detail the spirit of service and generosity celebrated at this annual awards ceremony. Ryan Crane describes how this year's major grant of $25,000 will remodel the space for the Story County community health center serving vulnerable populations.
- Susan Shierholz, outgoing Chair, Story County Community Foundation
- Vern Hawkins, board member, Story County Community Foundation
- Ryan Crane, Story County Community Health Center
- Liz Beck, Heartland Senior Services
- Davis Williams, Ames Breakfast Lions Club
- Lynn Peterson, Gilbert Lutheran Church Backpack Buddy Program
- Roger Fritz, Roland Park Board
Originally broadcast 11/20/2013
Listen here now